Shop early for best selections
In April 1949, World War II Veteran Chick Lebow and his wife, Adele, both 26, purchased the business of Stern Furniture Co. of Norristown in Royersford.
Lebow Furniture Co. est 1949
With some backing from Chick’s mother and an encouraging uncle, Lebow Furniture Co. made its modest start. In Lebow’s early years, Chick would go with a part-time helper who owned a truck, and the two would make furniture deliveries, establishing the tradition of delivery by our own qualified personnel.
The original store occupied half of its current space. Part of the current building used to house the local A & P, and Lebow’s quickly took over the space when the Royersford A & P moved as the furniture business grew.
Lebow Furniture Co. Warehouse
Soon after, Lebow’s purchased a 4200 square foot building across the street which serves as an annex and, in 1984, acquired urban renewal land from the Redevelopment Authority. Located 100 yards from the store, this land was used to construct a modern 21,000 square foot warehouse to contain the large inventory the store carries. In 1990, a two story addition to the main store doubled the size of the showroom. A complete decorating program followed, resulting in one of the most beautiful furniture stores to serve the Limerick, Reading, Pottstown, and Phoenixville areas. New customers are amazed at the size and attractiveness of the facility.
Lebow Furniture Co. Today
Lebow Furniture Co. currently employs 30 full and part-time dedicated workers. Lebow’s is renowned for its staff of friendly and conscientious employees. We enjoy a reputation for customer service that is second to none.
With our commitment to service and expansive collection of furniture and home furnishings, the future appears bright for the store’s continued growth. Our management continues to work diligently to justify our strong position in the furniture market, and we invite you to our store to personally witness this commitment.
© Copyright, Lebow Furniture Inc, 2009.